Feb 7, 2012

My second 5k ran with power | Jenda

MY SECOND 5K RAN WITH POWER

What?? Jenda you can't post two times today!!

Yesterday I posted a video on youtube.com about my weight loss journey. It’s not new to anyone I have been struggling with my weight since I was young. This year was going to be different for me. I am going to drop this weight & never pick it back up. I have been obsessed with running lately. I watched two amazing marathon videos on Netflix that have inspired me. I just started running & liking it about last year. 2012 seems different to me I feel more motivated & inspired. With Pinterest around I pin anything & everything on the fitness boards.

A few weeks ago I tried to run 3 miles to complete a 5k. I ran it outside with my iPod & myself. I walked most of the way because I was just tired & unmotivated. A friend asked me to run a 5k when I get back to Michigan, Riverbank Run, & I was happy to agree. I wont be running to win (obviously) but I will be running to finish. My sister said she will be there with my face on a shirt!! Lawd, I hope not for the sake of everyone else. 

I started running faster & a little longer on the dreadmill. It’s not that I “hate” running outside but let’s face it, I hate getting honked at (my good looks) & I don’t like all the hills. I know I have to face the music. I will but today is not that day. I put off going to the gym today until about 2 pm. Finally me & party Hardy went to the gym. I got on the dreadmill & warmed up. I thought to myself ok today I am just going to go for it. I am going to run 3.1 miles & love it!!!

As I ran & slowed down, I just felt great. I normally feel like ugh my legs are hurting, I am breathing to hard, blah blah blah. Today was just a good day. I guess runners will have those kind of days, the good ones. I got to mile 2 & just thought it would be stupid if I just quit. So I pushed through. When I got to mile 3 I pumped up my speed to 5.0 mph (oh so fast) & just ran. I looked down & before I knew it, it was 3.2 miles. YAY!!! 
So I made it, I finally made it to a 5k.

Have you ever ran a 5k? What do you do to train?

No comments:

Post a Comment